Summer Camps will run from July 1st-July 26th
At our NEW CLINIC in Prairie Village
8340 Mission Road, Prairie Village, KS 66206
**With the exception of Music Monkeys, which will run June 3-July 28th at the Leawood clinic.
Enrollment opening Monday, April 8th at 8 AM!
Enrollment will be opened to current clients prior to opening to the public.
Due to limited space that we have for summer camps, we open enrollment to current clients prior to opening enrollment to the public. If you are interested in pursuing a summer therapy camp for your child, we require new clients to come in for an initial evaluation and preferably therapy prior to signing up for camps in order to ensure that we place kiddos with good therapeutic matches in camps and ensure we have appropriate goals written to address during camps.
Movement and Language
This program is full of language, sensory and motor to keep kids engaged and excited about learning. The thematic based activities are sure to entertain! Kids will participate in circle time, snack, fine & gross motor activities, music & movement, and sensory & social activities. Participants must be able to tolerate a 1.5-2 hour group setting with goals that include following a group plan and strengthening social skills.
• 2-3 year olds-Fridays from 9:00-10:30
• 4-5 year olds-ALLIGATORS-Wednesdays from 10:30-12:00
• 4-7 year olds-FROGS-Tuesdays from 10:30-12:00
• 5-7 year olds-SWANS-Thursdays from 10:30-12:00
• 3-6 year olds (increased support required)- WHALES- Thursdays from 2:00-4:00
• 5-8 year olds (increased support required)- SHARKS- Tuesdays from 2:00-4:00
Calling all picky eaters. We will explore and dissect foods and a variety of other ‘tactile sensory materials’ to encourage children to experiment and have fun with food and different textures.
• 3-6 year olds Mondays 12:00-1:30
• 3-6 year olds Wednesdays 12:00-1:30
• 5-8 year olds Tuesdays & Thursdays 12:00-1:30
Music makes us want to move! This sensory rich environment stimulates our brains with multisensory activities to aid in our learning. This group is great for kids to learn to participate within a group as well as attend to a lead teacher.
• 2-5 year olds-Yellow group-Tuesdays 8:00-9:00 (Leawood Clinic)
• 2-5 year olds-Blue group-Wednesdays 8:00-9:00 (Leawood Clinic)
• 2-5 year olds-Pink group- Fridays 8:00-9:00 (Leawood Clinic)
In this program, kids will explore and create masterpieces using their five senses while working with peers. The skills that will be targeted include flexibility, reaction size and cooperative work. We will be constructing and creating using tactile sensory based materials to make new things while promoting imagination and teamwork.
• 7-10 year olds- Wednesdays 2:00-3:30
• 5-8 year olds- Wednesdays 9:00-10:30
This program will use the Social Thinking and Zones of Regulation curriculum to improve emotional awareness and teach regulation strategies. During social interactions and activities, campers will have the opportunity to generalize these skills participating in fun and engaging activities.
• 7-10 year olds- Mondays 2:00-3:30
• 6-9 year olds- Fridays 10:30-12:00–FULL–Wait list registration available
Minute To Win It Social Group
This program will focus on social interactions with peers while enjoying age appropriate games and activities. Targeted activities will provide campers with the opportunity to improve executive functioning skills, team work, flexibility and perspective taking. Executive function skills are vital to social success as they allow you to manage time, attend, plan and organize, remember details, multitask and regulate emotions. This will be a fun environment to strengthen and generalize these higher level social skills.
• 5-8 year olds- Mondays 9:00-10:30
• 7-11 year olds- Tuesdays and Thursdays 9:00-10:30–FULL–wait list registration available
• FULL-wait list registration available-10-14 year olds- Mondays 3:30-5:00
Just for Boys Club
During this child-centered 4 week club, we will work on developing strong friendships by exploring interests of each club member. The curriculum is unstructured in nature, allowing the club members to bring their interests “to the table” while therapists model and encourage peers to ask socially appropriate questions, think about others, take turns with talking, and discover similar interests between themselves and their peers. They may discover new interest areas and are bound to leave with new friendships developed around topics that they are passionate about. Perfect for kiddos who need just a little bit of support to foster friendships and connect with peers.
• 5-9 year olds Fridays 12:00-1:00
• Private Pay only; Participants must not require one on one therapist support to participate in a group setting.
• Cost: $240 for 4 week program